"I don't understand it: He can read 'tyrannosaurus', but he gets stuck on 'if'!!"
Find out why - sign up to our FREE 15-part course:
Richard Whitehead, M.A., M.Phil. (Oxon)
Davis Learning Foundation
(We hate spam and will never pass your address on to a third party.
Course enrolment includes a free subscription to our "Dyslexia - The Gift" newsletter.
Unsubscribing is easy at any time; but hardly anyone ever does...)
However much you love and enjoy working with the classes that you teach…
…have you ever felt frustrated that there are some children with mysterious barriers to effective learning, whom you just can’t seem to get through to?
…Have you ever had thoughts like these:
“Why do some children learn to read almost immediately, while other – bright – children not only find reading difficult, but stumble on some of the most basic words such as ‘if’ and ‘at’?”
“Why are there children who can’t learn their times tables, however often they try?”
“Why are there children who get 9/10 in a spelling test, but then spell those same test words incorrectly in their next piece of writing, sometimes just hours or even minutes later?”
“Why are there children who, however hard I try to make my lesson entertaining and accessible, just switch off, or worse, sabotage my efforts and their own learning with seemingly pointless disruptive behaviour?”
Would you like to:
- Grasp the reasons why some bright children may struggle to acquire basic academic skills;
- Use these insights to make an incisive difference to the abilities, well-being and prospects of these children in your classroom;
- Acquire insights and approaches that enable you to stimulate both academically able and academically challenged children at the same time;
- Give disruptive and impulsive children better control of their focus and behaviour;
- Make a valuable difference to children who, while they may be academically able, have difficulty in areas such as sitting still, controlling hand-eye coordination, succeeding at sports, learning from consequences, or reading people?
“Why 'Tyrannosaurus' But Not 'If'” is an online course providing insights, approaches and strategies to help you achieve any or all of these goals.
“Why Tyrannosaurus But Not If” is the product of thousands of Specialist hours spent observing and working both with “typical” and with “untypical” learners.
And it’s free.
Subscribe to “Why 'Tyrannosaurus' But Not 'If'”, and you will acquire a blueprint for reaching all the children in your classroom at the same time.
You will discover how the mysteriously “learning-disabled” child at the back of the class can become our mentor, leading us on to new heights of teaching ability that benefit “front” and “back” of class alike.
You will learn why some children switch off, becoming demoralised and sometimes disruptive; and how to re-engage them.
The course instalments themselves are short enough to be read in the middle of a busy day.
Here’s a quick preview of the course content:
1. Why some children can read “tyrannosaurus” but get stuck on “if”.
2. Visual-Spatial Thinkers – Why Struggling Readers Can Be Bright Learners
3. Is “is” an easy word?
4. How Do You Turn “Low Phonemic Awareness” into “Powerful Visual-Spatial Learner”?
5. Setting Struggling Readers Free – An Important Key that very few educators know about.
6. The Missing Principle that Liberates Struggling Learners
7. What do we mean by “Reach Before You Teach?”
8. Energy Management: A Simple Key to Turbo-Charging our Students’ Learning
9. A straightforward way to avoid 90% of learning problems – without changing WHAT you teach…
10. How To Support The Struggling Learner, And Stimulate The Advanced Learner At The Same Time
11. How To Build Self-Esteem While Giving Important Feedback
12. Emotion in the Alphabet – A Step-By-Step Guide to Creating a Learning Difficulty: Part 1
13. Emotion in the Alphabet – A Step-By-Step Guide to Creating a Learning Difficulty: Part 2
14. Emotion in the Alphabet – A Step-By-Step Guide to Creating a Learning Difficulty: Part 3
15. The Gift of Dyslexia – and a final key to bringing all our learners together
Sign up now...
...enjoy the rest of your day...
...and we'll look forward to being in touch.
With our very best wishes,
from all the team at Davis Learning Foundation.
Davis Learning Foundation is a trading name of Create-A-Word, a non-profit company limited by guarantee. UK Company no. 4803526
The word “Davis” and the phrase “Dyslexia The Gift” are trademarks and service marks of Ronald D. Davis and DDAI.
© Richard Whitehead, 2008 – 9. World rights reserved.